HEY I LIKE THE DRAWING , INTERESTING

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
A great coal gasifier design

A great coal gasifier design

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
There are many examples of

There are many examples of this French gasifier being used during World War 2. It did some heavy lifting back then!

Dutch John
Dutch John's picture
I was told by oldtimers who

I was told by oldtimers who actually drove in WW2, that the Gohin Poulenc was one of the best and popular coal gasifiers.

Regards,
DJ

David Orrell
David Orrell's picture
GOOD MORNING CHRIS, GLAD

GOOD MORNING CHRIS, GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK ON ( DRIVE ON WOOD ) YOUR PHOTO COLLECTION IS GREAT.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Latil forest tractor, as

Latil forest tractor, as powerful as an éléphant.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Latil

Latil

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Electrolux, a gasifier top

Electrolux, a gasifier top performers of the era.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Great pics François! In

Great pics François! In France you had to licence your gasifier.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
They used gasifiers on a lot

They used gasifiers on a lot of autos back then.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Renault Add

Renault Add

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Panhard Gasifiers where

Panhard Gasifiers where popular too.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
panhard

panhard

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Panhard

Panhard

Wayne Baker
Wayne Baker's picture
I like the Panhard! Thanks

I like the Panhard! Thanks again!

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Panhard

Panhard

Gary Graham
Gary Graham's picture
Nice collection of photos.

Nice collection of photos. Thank you for posting these. I have been looking for something that would work for a 1941 Ford coupe. The Panhard style trailer is a nice example to work on.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Hi David! Great to see you

Hi David! Great to see you here, I am glad you have liked the pics over the years as much as me!
françois pal love the new pics!
DJ, very nice work on your new truck, again you show your quality in gasification!

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
The French gasifiers were

The French gasifiers were awesome, so heavily used during the war they had some deforestation issues,

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture

Chris Saenz
Chris Saenz's picture
Hi Chris S,

Hi Chris S,

Great pics! Love seeing the old units.

BTW, you can post multiple pics on one post, just click "Choose file" then hit "upload". When it's got one uploaded it will make a spot to upload another. You can add as many as you like.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
mage of a vintage car race in

mage of a vintage car race in Italy with an Alfa Romeo from 1933 to the gasifier charcoal evec an air compressor for suralimantation. And its copy in miniature.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Alfa roméo

Alfa roméo

Arvid Olson
Arvid Olson's picture
that is lovely

that is lovely

Carl Zinn
Carl Zinn's picture
We, all of us, are reviving

We, all of us, are reviving an honorable, basic, wood based technology, and bringing it to the 21st century. Makes me proud!

cz

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
I see a wood gas race in our

I see a wood gas race in our future, "The Hardwood Run"!

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture

Wayne Baker
Wayne Baker's picture
Chris S Glad to see you are

Chris S Glad to see you are still around; you have always had great pics too share!

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Wood gasifier Brandt

Wood gasifier Brandt

Don Mannes
Don Mannes's picture
Thanks Mr. Pal,

Thanks Mr. Pal,
Did you ever get any word from your gasser friends that might have been involved with the Brandt design on how good it actually worked?
Don M

François Pal
François Pal's picture
It was Larry who contacted me

It was Larry who contacted me for explanation, I took the opportunity to mail you the drawing, enclosed a photo of one of American dreams.

Larry Winiarski
This is what francois and I

This is what francois and I were discussing:

Thanks Francois

I was wondering if the charcoal cylinder had a taper so that it was asmaller at the bottom. It seems like some of the Brandt drawings show this. This might increase the upward velocity athe bottom and maybe lift burning charcoal up the cylinder. as the cylinder got wider the velocity would decrease so only the very fine charcoal would be carried with the gas!! Maybe if would not be necessary to fill the cylinder so often! If the air jacket cylinder were also tapered this may also help stop fuel bridging. because the fuel is falling into an ever increasing area.

The hoppers for the sawdust burning furnaces often had a sheet metal cone in the center to minimize bridging.

I am going to Central America for about 3 weeks to check on Rocket stoves

God Willing, I could try this on my old gasifier when I get back as it looked some what like a brandt but I did not have charcoal in the inner cylinder!!! It might have worked better had I done that as my reduction zone was too short.

God Bless,

Larry
----- Original Message -----
To: larryw@gotsky.com
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2012 8:48 AM
Subject: re: [Drive On Wood!] brandt gasifier

hello Larry

The charcoal in the cylinder of the mid function was to make the gas purification,it may be consumed by the bottom, you have to be careful that there is no shortage,otherwise the gases are not purify, by this process that allows you to use of the softwood lumber and wood not dry,therefore it must be avoided to operate without the charcoal, well check, when filling the wood, the wood charcoal also.

Cordially
Pal François
COGEPEL ENERGIE 06 78 76 99 31

Larry Winiarski
This is what francois is

This is what francois is helping me with:

Message du 14/07/12 21:12
> De : larryw@gotsky.com
> A : f.pal@orange.fr
> Copie à :
> Objet : [Drive On Wood!] Brandt gasifier
>
> Hello françois pal,
>
> Larry Winiarski (http://driveonwood.com/users/larry-winiarski) has sent you a
> message via your contact form (http://driveonwood.com/user/981/contact) at
> Drive On Wood!.
>
> If you don't want to receive such e-mails, you can change your settings at
> http://driveonwood.com/user/981/edit.
>
> Message:
>
> Is the central tube of the Brandt gasifier refilled with hot charcoal by the
> suction of the engine? Thanks. Larry Winiarski
>
>

François Pal
François Pal's picture
CHRIS SEVMOUR Hello, I found

CHRIS SEVMOUR Hello, I found a video that you have very nice photos on two wheels in wood gasifier, is what you put on peus driveonwood if you plaie.Cordialement.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
François Pal, Thank you< Your

François Pal, Thank you< Your finds are great too! Excellent! I hope to see more, I will post more too, Chris Seymour

DaveO, Thank you for your comment too! You have enjoyed the old pics as much as me over the years, I am glad!

Mike LaRosa
Mike LaRosa's picture
Ain't it a grin. Maybe the

Ain't it a grin. Maybe the pictures will survive here for a while ... ML

François Pal
François Pal's picture
During the war 39/45, the

During the war 39/45, the Russians have really advanced the gazo, the particularitée of this drawing and that this is a turbo push air into the gazo and simultaneously to the oxygen supply to the mixer, this done, it does not tar particles, and it does not destroy the long go and destroy the engine with pieces of metal.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Amazing design, Great find

Amazing design, Great find françois pal! Brilliant!

Gary Graham
Gary Graham's picture
Thank you for posting this

Thank you for posting this interesting way to preheat and force the intake air.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
A very nice cable excavator

A very nice cable excavator of ww2, sure to Imbert gasifier type wood.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
françois pal, your gasifier

françois pal, your gasifier work is excellent, It is a lot of work and time to do, Old gasifier pics are my favorite!

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Many U.S. citizens at home

Many U.S. citizens at home you discover that Liberty USA, this truck has been instrumental in the gasifier for victory against the German Emperor in 14/18. Conservation of this beautiful vehicle full of history.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Wow what a cool truck! The

Wow what a cool truck! The 1918 USA - Standard B Liberty Truck
Commissioned by our government in 1917 for World War l.

Wiki:
"The liberty truck was designed by the Motor Transport section of the Quartermaster Corps in cooperation with the members of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Production of the 3–5 ton truck began in 1917, and the first models appeared ten weeks after the design was standardized. Of the almost 9,500 produced by 15 manufacturers, more than 7,500 were sent overseas. The Liberty's four-speed transmission coupled with its 52-hp engine gave the truck a top speed of about 15 miles per hour ''

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Hello or good night Chris,

Hello or good night Chris, very nice photo of the mythical berliert gasifier and the bike gazo, here is a gmc ww2 fitted to the Imbert gasifier with a winch and more. Looks on gazogènes superforum.fr, there are a lot of photos you display on driveonwood.

Chris Seymour
Chris Seymour's picture
Hi Francois Pal, The

Hi Francois Pal, The superforum is a wealth of info, a very good site with many great photos (I love the BIG trucks. The French advanced gasification much during the war!

David Orrell
David Orrell's picture
hey chris, the pic of the

hey chris, the pic of the flat bed is great, a flat bed pulling truck is my goal.

François Pal
François Pal's picture
Hello, CHRIS S, documentation

Hello, CHRIS S, documentation on a caterpillar tractor Polish wood gasifier, also produced by the Russians, I Difficulty of documentation for Japanese and Chinese during WW2, they also used the gasifier, to you the documentation? ......

Pages